For many years, Vastint has been building to the highest internationally recognized sustainable construction certifications, including LEED, BREEAM and WELL.
LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) is the world’s most widely used green building rating system. Since 2022, Vastint owns 5 out of the top 10 highest scoring LEED certified buildings in Europe, with the third highest scoring in the world. And the Vastint team is working hard to maintain this position.
Over the years Vastint received in total over 100 green certificates. Out of these, many are LEED Platinum and some with a very high score of 95 points or more. In addition, the Vastint team has built some of the first sustainable buildings in some of the countries we operate in.
In 2023 Vastint has received these 12 official green certifications:
1. Vastint Hospitality’s Moxy Dresden has been awarded LEED Platinum
2. Vastint Hospitality’s Moxy Chester has been awarded LEED Gold
3. Vastint Hospitality’s Moxy Berlin Airport has been awarded LEED Gold
4. Vastint Hospitality’s Courtyard by Marriott Glasgow Scottish Exhibition Centre has been awarded LEED Gold
5. Vastint Hospitality’s office building at New Fountainbridge in Edinburgh received BREEAM Excellent
6. Vastint Belgium’s office building Colonies Square in Brussels received BREEAM In-use Very Good
7. Vastint Belgium’s multifunctional building Royal Plaza in Brussels received BREEAM In-use Very Good
8. Vastint Netherlands’ office building St. Jacobsstraat in Utrecht received BREEAM In-use Good
9 & 10. Vastint Netherlands received two BREEAM In-use Very Good certificates for the whole Atlas Arena Amsterdam office complex. One for the Courtyard by Marriott hotel on-site, and one for the other five (office) buildings.
11. Vastint Poland’s K2 office building in Gdynia achieved WiredScore Platinum rating
12. Finally, as the first project in the Baltics, Vastint Latvia’s Business Garden Riga received WELL Health and Safety Rating.